Friday, March 6, 2009

Cooking cooking cooking

Made a second effort on bread. Trying to replace the bread I love, Maple Leaf Bakeries' Multigrain, a staple in my life for the last 4 or 5 years. At nearly $4 a loaf it is now too expensive. I'm working with a recipe called Jack of All Breads from an old paperback camping cookbook which has long ago passed out of my collection. It is the only bread recipe with which I have had consistent success. Instead of wheat germ used quinoa - tasty and nutritious. Also added a mixture of seeds for their analgesic value, and because the bread I love has seeds too, especially sunflower seeds which gain a certain yummy texture and flavor when baked...I digress. Also made Arroz a la Mallorca to eat by myself over the next two weeks, and Monterey Chix with rice out of an old Southwest Cookbook to feed to friends on the ranch this weekend. I'm sure there will be more about these over the next few posts.


I hope this blog will be about the last ten years, a struggle with self, culture, hereditary expectations, Chronic Fatigue, tai chi, healing, food, Western Colorado (my home whether I like it or not, sometimes both in the same breath), and many other things including the philosophy of Terry Pratchett. May the gods bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment