Monday, March 16, 2009

No time for health

In all of the methods I've found for coping with Chronic Fatigue there is one thing all of them require. That is patience. Just resting and letting the things you think you ought to be doing, or would like to be doing, letting those things go. Weeks like this one where every day is spectacular and the garden is calling out to be dug, plants moved, seeds started, I have to make myself rest. One good way is to watch a movie every day, that seems to slow me down a bit. Most of the gardening that needs done requires truly hard work, digging, hauling dirt and stones, climbing around and getting the irrigation ready to go. I have to just choose one small area at a time and do a complete job on that area no matter how many days it takes to complete.

I've begun investigating the role of healer as I've had to become my own healer. There are so many beneficial techniques of healing available to us these days, and yet I fear that I would be completely frustrated as a healer. The reason for the frustration is that it is so hard to find anyone who is willing to work for their own health. Even other healers I know do not have the patience and the time to give themselves to the requirements of healing.
The method of healing I've found most beneficial is Tai Chi, which of course takes years to learn. But it becomes beneficial as soon as we become willing to let it change us and our way of life. But that's another problem.

The next most beneficial healing method I've come across is cooking for myself. I've become aware that food you have invested your interest and time in feeds your body more fully.

Finally I've found a method of Acupressure called Jin Shin Do which is marvelously relaxing and has granted me great jumps forward in my healing. I've learned to do it and have been really excited to think that I can help my friends and family, even with minor things like headaches, hot flashes, chronically cold hands and feet etc. To my shock, the people I love do not have the patience to lay on a table and be held for the amount of time needed. Impatience overcomes them. Wow, we are sicker than we think.


The photo is of a local canyon in a spring snowfall last week. You can see red sandstone cliffs in the far back of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment